Dental implants are a stable and secure surgical option for replacing one or more missing teeth. A dental implant uses an artificial root usually made of titanium. The implant is surgically inserted into the upper or lower jawbone and an artificial tooth is attached to the implant. The implant acts as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place.
The teeth attached to dental implants are durable and natural looking to help enhance and restore your smile! Your dentist or dental hygienist may dental implants for the following reasons:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.